Penned by veteran games designer Raph Koster, A Theory of Fun was written 10 years ago, a long time considering the rapid pace of advance for its subject matter. And yet the book remains a key games design text that is still in print and highly relevant. While it was conceived to help games designers, it will be fascinating and informative for anybody involved in any field of design, or those curious about, well, harnessing the power of fun …
- Sensible Software 1986-1999
- Theory of Fun for Game Design
- Racing the Beam: The Atari Video Computer System
- Programming the Raspberry Pi
- Replay: The History of Video Games
- Reality Is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World
I love how diverse these lists have gotten over the years.