All contents of this site are
© Copyright 1998-2010
All rights reserved.
The views expressed
here are my own, and
endorsed by any
former or current
- Seashell (71k)
This I think was my favorite piece. The original is exactly 3 inches square. The shell I drew it from was maybe 3/4 of an inch long. I had to use a magnifying glass to see the detail on it. In the end I faked it: the shell is much more detailed than the drawing is!
- Tulip (73k)
A great example of inability to scan soft pencils. This tulip actually has a background of bricks behind it, and a penciled border around it, and lots of very soft shading you can't see in this scan. Oh well.
- Bottles and a glass (242k)
This is actually maybe a third of the full drawing, which is maybe 36 by 18 inches. This was done with white charcoal pencils on black paper. One of the artists at Origin asked to buy it from me, and I had to tell him no, because it's
one of my wife's favorites.
These days I am a lot more likely to doodle during meetings than to actually
draw. So this section is a collection of doodles!
- This demon was done during a UO team meeting.
- The meeting kept going, so I ended up with this
- A week later, a different meeting yielded only
a little guy. It was a short meeting.
- By this time, co-workers were starting to peek over at my pad to wonder
what I was doing. I decided to convey my opinion of the meeting with this
frog faced thing.
- At the latest team meeting, our producer wondered out loud what the heck
would be in my notebook that week. So I produced this
tentacled dripping cut in half demon with medusa hair and fins just to
make him happy. It was a fairly long meeting, so I was able to get
- Here's a less monstrous doodle of a little girl sleeping.