|January 5th, 2010|
Boy, have I neglected the blog. Here’s some stuff I said to myself, “I should blog that” that flew by.
- Near Death Studios, the company that has been behind Meridian 59 for the last nine years or so, is closing. The game will keep running, but it won’t be a business concern anymore.
- The procedurally-generated MMO Love is going into a (paid) open beta on the 7th.
- Looks like Second Life is surrendering another piece of its hacker/geek culture legacy with the move towards real names. This is really part and parcel of an overall move towards greater usability and mass market acceptance, of course.
- Today Google intro’ed their new phone. And at the same time, here’s Adobe’s video of Flash 10.1 (not Flash Lite) running on it. Full Flash, on a phone.
- I tweeted this, but Marc LeBlanc’s list of the top board games of the decade is good reading.