|October 27th, 2009|
Virtual World Watch has a request for information up — they want to hear from you about how you use virtual worlds in UK higher and further education.
How are you using virtual worlds (e.g. Second Life, OpenSim, Metaplace, OLIVE, Active Worlds, Playstation Home, Blue Mars, Twinity, Wonderland) in teaching, learning or research?
Things you may want to include:
- Why you are using a virtual world.
- If teaching using a virtual world, how it fits into your curriculum.
- Any evaluation of the experience of using the virtual world.
- Will you do it again next year? Why (or why not)?
A few side points
- Do you know of any other individual, group or project at your institution using virtual worlds for teaching, learning or research? If so, a contact detail would be appreciated.
- Do you have any interesting screenshots of what you’ve been doing in virtual worlds? If so, then please consider submitting them to the Virtual World use in UK Education Flickr group – thanks.
- – Snapshot survey #7 of virtual world use in UK Higher and Further Education.