|August 27th, 2009|
I know, everyone and their cousin has a panel up in the SXSW Panel Picker. Well, we at Metaplace do too, and here it is… go vote for it!
- Until now, virtual worlds have been walled gardens restricted to their platform. This panel will explore how virtual worlds are now bridging to the “real,” web world. Twitter interfaces, embeddable virtual worlds and other bridges are opening opportunities for users to communicate and promote to the outside web.
- What has the evolution of virtual worlds been in regards to access to the outside web?
- How far have virtual worlds come in opening to the outside web?
- What are the biggest benefits to this bridging?
- Are there downfalls?
- What are some of the case studies of this happening in virtual worlds now?
- How will updates and innovations in browser-based technology further this initiative?
- What does the future look like for virtual worlds in relation to the web?
- Can this opening of virtual worlds to the web be monetized?
- What are the biggest changes in gaming and virtual worlds to come from this?
- How will this affect the non virtual world user?