|February 4th, 2009|
We’re doing a lot of community outreach stuff with Metaplace these days — just doing sample key giveaways in different markets, that sort of thing. And Twitter, of course, has rapidly emerged as a significant force as it continues to gain adoption.
5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter is a pretty nice article giving some advice on how to maximize the chances of ReTweets, based on datamining actual Retweets.
- Ask! Literally put “please RT” in your Tweet. Or at least some sort of call to action.
- Good ReTweet time is between 9am and 6pm EST, with the peak 11am and 3pm EST.
- Peak ReTweet days are Monday through Wednesday.
- 70% of ReTweets have a link in them.
- Social validation matters. If you really want something ReTweeted broadly, you want it to be ReTweeted by several people. So contact them directly and ask them to do so.
- Add value. You need to be providing some solid content.
No, I still don’t have a twitter account, but I am edging closer. But I did go ahead and add a Tweet This link to the bottom of posts here on the blog. So “please ReTweet” posts.